Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On One's Birthday

Instruction's on celebrating your birthday.

1. Give thanks
2. Open cards
3. Open gifts
4. Eat cake, ice cream, and if your like me steamed crabs, however you may insert whichever food you like
5. Finally, in this day and age, check your facebook page

I was OVERWHELMED by birthday greetings on facebook yesterday.
Wowzers, it was like a window into my past.
To be honest, when I look back on my life, I easily can think of things I've said or done and wish so badly that I had done some of them differently. However, yesterday reading my birthday greetings, from literally every stage of my life from birth (thanks Mom) until now (VA friends!) I came to realize mingled through those ..ahem 21 years of life, there are some bad choices, embarrassing moments, and things I wish I hadn't said out loud. There is also, a life, my life, in which I have met hundreds of interesting people, who have in some way influenced me into who I am in this my ...what was it, 20th year of life.
So today I stand, a mere ?19 years old and am thankful for those people who have shown great love and friendship over these tumultuous, exciting, and well lived years.
Thanks dear ones, I am grateful to you all.
Big, all caps locked, LOVE!

Here are some pictures of me practicing step 4 in the birthday instructions!




6 comments:

Laura said...

You are so cute with your crabs!

Jill said...

Gotta love crabbies :) I called you twice yesterday and I hope that you got my message so that you don't think I'm a bad cousin and forgot. Love you.

MommyB said...

Is it funny that I see a sandwich on the table? Did Kevin not partake??

Amy White said...

Yum, yum to crabs. I can't really remember the last time I ate one. By the way, love the crab mallet! :) So glad that you had such a wonderful "20something" b-day! :)

Erin said...

Love it - looks yummy! I too noticed the sandwich - Kevin missed out. Love libs in her breakfast bonnet :)

Anonymous said...

OMG---What a terrible aunt. Happy belated b-day. I was thinking of you on your day but forgot to call. It looks like you had a great one. Those crabs are huge!! Did Libby try to get some? Love you, and if you are only 21, then I must only be just about 50. Tell Libby to say Aunt Ju Ju.