Monday, May 11, 2009

A Honored Profession


My friend Mel wrote this about being a mom to her 2 little boys Caeden and Owen (Libby's future husband)...I thought it was an elegant, simple, and accurate description of motherhood. I thought of it yesterday when I was especially enjoying being Libby's mom. Thanks for writing these words Mel they are beautiful, just like you!
"My heart has more room, even though my mind has less; My soul has more thirst, even though my body needs more rest; My memories are more cherished, even though my time is not my own; My God is bigger, even though He remains the same yesterday today and forever. Just as my life has been changed, I want the world to be changed by my children as they live out the incredible purpose that our Heavenly Father has designed for them. Teaching them along the way as I am learning myself how to Love more deeply, Give more generously, Pray more earnestly, Live more purely, and Forgive more readily. Thanks to my children, I will never be the same."



I'm sorry that all these pictures are the same, but I love them all, and it is my blog, so I thought it would be okay.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

i love you car, thanks for making me cry

Jill said...

Did Kev rent a helicopter to get some of those pictures? Sorry our conversation was such a disaster yesterday. Hectic Mama's day in the Thompson household. Love you.

Teri said...

Awesome pics and TOTALLY awesome ode to motherhood. Thanks for posting, Car. Beautiful!

Erin said...

those are adorable. love them. you look stunning and, of course, libby is as cute as ever. we are blessed women! plus i love how gus is featured as your child too :) love you

Lisa A said...

I love love love these pics! What great memories of your first Mother's Day!

Melanie said...

The b/w pic of you and Libby is Beautiful!!

Sandra said...

You are quite right Carly - it is your blog so absolutely OK to post pictures you love. I think they are all fantastic pictures and I don't think you could ever post too many pictures of Libby (and Gus of course).

Jill said...

I obvisouly agree with Mrs. Jones.

Amy White said...

Love you both!!!