Wednesday, April 1, 2009

About the Background

For those of you who have commented about the background, here is how I did it.

1. Had a little blog envy over Erin's new background
2. Looked into getting one made here, here, here, and here
3. Decided not to have one made b/c I don't sell anything on my blog, and couldn't see spending money on it when really I write it for me and anyone else who cares to read it
4. Poked around to see how others do it
5. Kind of figured it out, but got super computer savvy, husband to help
6. Bought a digital scrap booking kit here by Natali Design (by the way if you would like to waste an afternoon, google digital scrap booking and you'll be set)
7. Kev made me templates on photo shop and I got to work

As for making one for others, I'm not sure if I could do it. Here's why...
1. Kev helped A LOT
2. I would need to hack into your blog
3. There might be copyright laws from the scrap book designers and they might require that I ask their permission???? Maybe that's only if I'm seeking money. I don't know really.

Anyway, I love being creative with stuff like this and since I have been playing with pics on photo shop so much lately I thought I'd would take a stab at it. I might do more...we'll see?

*on a side note I did read a lot of information about it before trying...if you decide to try yourself (which I highly encourage) the digital scrap booking kits come with really large file sizes, so watch out if you don't have an external hard drive.
*didn't that last statement sound like I knew what I was talking about. I really don't!