Wednesday, March 11, 2009

There Is So Much To Say and So Much To Look At...

...and yet I feel guilty if I spend too much time blogging about it, but fiddle-dee-dee,

1. Kevin's mega cool friend Jemma came to visit us. She left all her friends in family in England to live an adventurous, outdoorsy life in New Zealand. We loved having her here and hope she comes again. She wore Libby's bows and looked great doing it. To make a long story short, don't be surprised if we up and move to New Zealand as travel agents...just kidding Mom & Mum!
2. Libby tried to eat a hamburger so I decided it was time to start feeding her some solids for fun. I didn't have rice cereal, but I did have bananas, which indecently Dr. Sears says is a great food to start breast fed babies with. She loved them and looks forward to them everyday.
3. As noted in previous posts, we spent a week with the cousins on the mountain where they live, while their Mommy had a new cousin just 6 months younger than Libby. I was excited about this trip b/c our tree-hugging, granola eating, pediatrician told me that letting Libby watch older kids roll over in front of her would teach her to do it. I was panicking just a little since all the babies I read about, even ones younger than my little, seem to be rolling like crazy. I was comparing, it'a bad habit, I know. Sidney and Alli showed Libby how to roll over all week, and she didn't mimic them once. However, she must have retained some of the knowledge b/c since we have been home I am happy to report she is rolling over. Whew!
Below are pics of the Libby and the cousins having fun.



4. Who needs bottles when you can move strait on to sippy cups. I don't think that she actually drinks from it, but it is fun to watch her try!



5. Allison is great mimicker. Several days while I got dressed, she did exactly the things that i did, even down to wearing the same amount of rings and bracelets. Here she is pretending to be a mommy several different ways.

If you can't tell what is going on here, I was nursing Libby under my nursing cover and she is clearly doing the same!
Wow, that was at least 5 blog post condensed down to one! Enjoy.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love Allison. She's too cute. Also, Liberty looks like a little lovie sitting up like such a big girl with her favorite cousins. And, I LOVE the picture of her leaning all the way back with the sippy cup. Too precious.

Unknown said...

I love that Libby is the centerpiece on the table! haha

MommyB said...

Oh my gosh Libby is getting so old!! I love it! Congrats momma you're doing a wonderful job!

Erin said...

ok - my two favorite pics -
allison nursing her baby - i was crying laughing oh and ps your makeup looks really good, as always, in theat pic
second, libby "downing" her water. that is HILARIOUS! and I too loved that she was the centerpiece. looks like a blast. she is sooooo adorable and is growing like crazy - she's gettin readlly long!