Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rain


My mind was overwhelmed this evening.
I was with out the one who has been stitched to my hip for the last 6 months almost all day and I missed her. I didn't even noticed my fingers were clenched tightly around her name that hangs on my neck...I was clinging as we were rode down a back rode in the pouring rain, just two, not three..
So I opened up to tell him what I was thinking, how I just can't understand when I read this story, then this one, and this one., and so many more. I hear one story after another about heart break and it makes me feel so sad. I don't even want to keep reading, but for some reason I do and my heart hurts for them. I questioned, why is their so much hurt, and why do some escape it and some do not?
I felt guilty when I tucked her in tonight. I held her tightly.
In fact I didn't want to put her down, b/c if I hold onto her then I know that she is safe.
Then I prayed, I prayed for peace for those in these stories I have read...stories of people I wouldn't know if we passed on the street, but I some how feel so connected to their mother's heart, b/c I know how they must love their babies. I know they must have loved them long before they ever held them, or even knew about them.

It is still raining, but with each day of rain here, new things are growing outside my windows...and some how that makes sense to me, b/c I know He would never send this rain if he didn't have a purpose behind it.

I prayed that for these stories...that they know the rain has purpose, and also, it doesn't rain everyday. One of these days, the sun will come out again.
He'll send the Sun again, and He will dry up all this rain...
that dear friend I know.

7 comments:

Laura said...

sweet friend... you don't need to feel guilty, just have a heart that continues to pray peace for these families.

I love you and am proud to call you my very best friend!

Erin said...

thank you for sharing that, car. some of those blogs i have seen before, and some were new to me. i too can hardly read those without my heart cracking. i cannot even imagine, yet i know that our Heavenly Father knows exactly what is going on in each of the lives of those families. i will be in prayer with you, as, like Laura said, we pray peace for those families. Peace and the comfort of the hand of a God who loves them more than they will ever know.

The Masons said...

Oh Carly, this just tears me up! I pray I never take one day with this blessing from God for granted! Praying for these families!
-Kim

The Masons said...

Kim Mason-I don't know what that Darephoneanswers is.

Lisa A said...

That gave me goosebumps and tears. I too feel very similar every day I get to spend with Alivia. Soak it up.

Erin said...

i love your new blog design did you do it yourself? can we web sometime next week!?

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Thank you for your beautiful words and for your prayers. Do not feel guilty; just hold on to your sweet little one and praise God for her. We know that the sun will shine again. We pray that through this rain in our lives, we will constantly see God's rainbow as a reminder of His promises. We look forward to the sunshine, but pray we glorify our Lord through the rain.