Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Put A Ring On It

Is it wrong that yesterday, while blaring Beyonce's catchy tune, I was overwhelmed with pure joy out of watching my sweetling laugh at me while shaking my booty shamelessly across my kitchen...I think not! We do listen to more appropriate music for the most part, and most days, we can be found singing praise music(especially Hosanna), or the Jones family favorite, Mama Dada, sung to the tune of Twinkle-Twinkle, (her daddy sings this one especially nice).
Now stay with me faithful readers I have a point. Since the day she was born I new she had sass (which indecently I prayed for Mommy's looks, Daddy's personality, we got Mommy's personality and Daddy's looks) but than I read this post by my blog friend Amanda, and got a little nervous. I read her description of sweet little Maryn's gentle personality and thought, "well that doesn't sound familiar." I truly do desire Miss Liberty to have a quiet and gentle spirit however, as I watch my Little's personality develop, I fear some of her qualities are quite the opposite. Dear Libby is stubborn and strong willed, when she doesn't get her way. She clenches her fists when she gets mad, and lately it seems like she has learned to pinch!
Oh Libby, I think that gentle and quiet are qualities that you will have to learn. I am learning that I must teach my Libby to be sweet and gentle, so that when she is grown people will quite easily describe her as lady. So what to do with this stubborn and slightly feisty behavior? Well, I will pray for grace while raising her and hope that the stubbornness turns to determination and the feisty turns to gumption, b/c let's be honest, God gave her these qualities and as her mother I must trust him to use them for His glory!
So what, you might ask, does this have to do with dancing in the kitchen? The answer is my heart was warmed by the fact that even though she has some qualities that will need to be refined, she laughs, and smiles with ease and that dear friends trumps everything else.

As her personality grows so does she, 5 months down. I triple dog, dare you to look at her smile and not feel inclined to smile yourself. I love her, stubborn, feisty, and all.



17 comments:

Jill said...

These pictures sure do make me smile :)

LittleReece said...

I would so love to meet Libby! She looks like such a joyful baby!

Melanie said...

thanks for the encouragement. alot has changed in the last 8 months since you have been gone :) jk
not preggo yet!

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

It's amazing how big she has gotten! She's just too beautiful!!!

Erin said...

she is so super adorable. and it made me smile - and i got a little tear in my eye. love that sweetie! let's video soon.

Anonymous said...

zolpidem online common side effects zolpidem - overdose ambien death

Anonymous said...

ambien zolpidem zolpidem side effects nausea - buy zolpidem online cheap

Anonymous said...

xanax 2mg buy xanax online australia no prescription - xanax pills bars

Anonymous said...

order lorazepam ativan generic name lorazepam - side effects from lorazepam 1mg

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg many diazepam 5mg get high - buy very cheap diazepam

Anonymous said...

alprazolam online xanax vs valium - how long are xanax pills good for

Anonymous said...

cheapest valium effects of valium addiction - who takes valium for anxiety

Anonymous said...

where to buy valium online buy valium online topix - prospecto valium 0 5

Anonymous said...

ambien online without rx ambien drug wakes near dead - zolpidem yellow pill

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien overnight delivery cheap - ambien cr recreational

Anonymous said...

buy valium online r side effects valium - buy roche 10 valium