Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On Sick Dogs And Runaway Cats...

Before you read on this entry includes graphic details of my adventures with my pets. If you get grossed out easily, don't read it!

It's no secret that the move hasn't been easy on any of us. I have to say that Kev and I are slowly but surely settling in nicely, but I don't think that this is the case with pets!
I'll start with Trouble. Every time one opens the door, any door, anywhere in the house, a black streak flies by and Trouble is out the door. Sometimes I don't even know that it happens. Take for example yesterday afternoon, while I was in the back yard playing Gus I found Trouble lounging in the shade on our side porch. Later that evening when Kevin came home from work and emerged through the back door he said "is that Trouble sitting on the front steps" and sure enough it was.
Now Gus....our poor, sweet, puppy????? All I can say, is that the steel pit that was his stomach is now breaking down, because since we started the move he has had a really rough time! I thought we were past it, but yesterday when I took him out, let me just say that my thoughts were, "I'm glad that happened out here and not in the house." I thought too soon, b/c this morning not only did I come down stairs to everything in my hand bag dumped onto the floor, but a puddle, not pile, of goodness knows what!
So this morning I have been cleaning up from a very sick dog and chasing through the trees a runaway cat.
Happy Wednesday, be blessed.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ew, gross, surprised it doesn't make you get sick. Poor pets - they will adjust eventually! Miss ya!

Teri said...

That is so funny and what a coincidence! I hadn't read this until now. It must be in the air or something. I hope it goes away pronto.

Jan said...

Ours dogs aren't even sick and they have done the same thing lately. I think it has something to do with the fireworks... it brings out the worst in them.... I even stepped in it... yuck! Needless to say, I was the one expected to clean up, and they aren't even "my " dogs!

Love reading your blogs and keeping up to date on how you are doing. Say hi to Kevin for us...
The Orlando McElhenys