Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sunrise Sunset

Every time my parents come to visit my mother has one desire, and that is that she would like to see "a real Florida sunset," to quote her exactly. We have been unsuccessful at this many times. Most of the time it is because there is storm brewing and the clouds are covering the sun. Sunday night we drove down to the beach and we missed it literally by seconds. As we pulled onto the parking lot we caught a glimpse of the big, orange, fiery ball and by the time we got out of the car it was gone! Monday night we were determined not to miss it, however back at the house it was very overcast and I thought that once again my mother was not going to get her request. Down at the beach though the sun was setting and it was a beautiful example of a simple blessing that we often overlook. Hope you enjoyed it Mom.





3 comments:

Sandra said...

You must book a Florida Sunset for my next visit as well. The photos are fabulous!

Art Teacher said...

1 sunset booked for November visit!

Adrienne's Art said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I've only been to Florida one time, but it was gorgeous!