Grace and Peace
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Grace and Peace
Friday, November 28, 2008
Merry end of November and happy December!
WELCOME TO THE CHRISTMAS EDITION OF GETTING TO KNOW YOUR FRIENDS.
1. WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS ? Paper I love to wrap and make big bows, I also love to open something that has been wrapped
2. REAL TREE OR ARTIFICIAL ? I have fake, but maybe one day we'll do real. I'm not partial to either
3. WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE? Normally right before we leave for Thanksgiving, but we have been busy so probably this week
4. WHEN DO YOU TAKE THE TREE DOWN? Week after New Year's.
5. DO YOU LIKE EGGNOG ? YES-We're the first people to buy it
6. FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED AS A CHILD ? A crayola crayon set with about a million colors. Mom forgot to give it to us on Christmas, but remembered a few days later. We still have it!
7. HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR ? Kev's Grandparents
8. EASIEST PERSON TO BUY FOR ? My nieces and now probably Libby, little girl stuff is the best
9. DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE ? Yes, it is from Laura and Slim Gillian. It came with a shepherd with a broken arm, but we kept it anyway. I embrace the imperfections..."blessed are the cracks, for they let in the light"
10. MAIL OR EMAIL CHRISTMAS CARDS ? Cards, I love to send and receive photo cards.
11. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED ? I can't remember, I try to appreciate it all
12. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE ? White Christmas or all of them
13. WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS ? when I have time
14. HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT ? no
15. FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT CHRISTMAS ? my sisters rasberry thumbprint cookies
16. LIGHTS ON TREE ? yes, lots of them
17. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG ? all of them
18. TRAVEL AT CHRISTMAS OR STAY HOME ? We always come to my mom and dad's house and one day I'm sure we'll travel to England
19. CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA'S REINDEER'S ? yes
20. OPEN THE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS EVE OR MORNING ? Christmas Morning!!! when I was little I would beg to do one on Christmas eve
21. MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR ? the exploitation of it...like Santa on a Harley
22. FAVORITE ORNAMENT THEME OR COLOR ? I love Christopher Radko glass ornaments, the shinier the better
23. FAVORITE FOOD FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER ? Everything my mom makes
24. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR ? I already got it in September and she is cute!
25. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND TO THIS? I'd say Laura, maybe Mel
26. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND ? I'd say Kari, b/c who knows where she went!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
She is my sweet cousin, who loves Libby almost as much as me.
Actually she loves all the people in her life with greatness and shows them with her sweet kindness.
She cries at all family weddings, family hardships, and just general good news will bring a tear to her eye. God has blessed her with a sensitive soul that is not far off my own.
When I was enormous and preggos she came down to VA from MD and helped me organize the new house and paint our bedroom(just a warning, her painting skills are not professional, but it's the thought that counts:).
She also came back after Libs was born just to meet her, she even took a day off of work. As an added bonus she brought me my favorite lip balm and brought Libby a pretty pink sweater for the spring!
Those are just a couple examples of her sweetness, but I could go on and on!
So here's to you Cousin Jill, may you always cry at the simple things ,live to bless others and love strongly.
We love you. xoxo
Jill and Scotty with Libby. Scotty is Jill's good friend. I want her to marry him. I can say that b/c I don't think he reads my blog, but if you do Scotty, don't let it scare you off. It's a compliment really!
Grace and Peace!
Babette and Libby
(I made this sepia b/c my mom did not like this shot, but I think it's precious and shows how much love there is here. Maybe in sepia she'll like it better!)
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
When I crawled into bed and realized that the space in her pack and play next to me was quiet and empty something inside began to ache. Kev asked me what was wrong and I told him that I didn't know that it would be this hard, letting her become. I know it is silly, sleeping in her room is a baby step of life, but to me it felt monumental. Of course it is what I want to happen, I want her to grow up strong and healthy and independent, but with each passing day as she changes, the tug on my heart pulls harder and I want to hold tighter. Life however, will continue asking me to let her go. I might be being a little bit extreme(it's what I do), but as I lay in my bed last night crying myself to sleep, I missed her and I realized that being a mom is more difficult than I ever imagined it would be.
PS. All my post are becoming very similar. I'm sorry. I did do art again, I'll post at another time. Posting pictures of baby details is more fun for me right now.
By the way, out little Freedom Flower turned 2 months old this weekend and has the rolls and crevasses to prove it.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
1. I cannot sit in different seats. Let me give you an example, when I was working I would always have to sit in the same seat at lunch, at church same pew, dinner table, couch anywhere. It throws my equilibrium off when I sit in a different seat.
2. I love clean sheets. I wash our sheets and our comforter quite often b/c I love crawling in to a fresh, crisp bed...so does Kevin.
3. I used to work at a rock climbing wall. Great exercise for your legs!
4. I used to be a tomboy...believe it or not. You may know me now as the always accessorized, non-pajama pant wearing lady I am today, but there was a time when I was ruff and tumble and in the dirt with the boys. My mom would tell me it looked like I brushed my hair with an egg beater at least once a day.
5. I love to be read to. I think this comes from my mother reading to me as a child. To this day I still love when someone will read allowed to me. I can't get Kevin to do it that often, but I do ask him sometimes.
6. I always follow the rules once I know them, except with this tag, but if I had not just tagged people I would definitely have followed the rules
7. I can't spell definitely. I write this word all the time and spell it like this "definetly"every time.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
A little nostalgic and romantic.
I heard the effect of a black and white photo described as, focusing on the moment instead 0f the colors? I don't know about that, but here are some photos of me focussing on on my growing lady....
P.S. I have discovered Picasa and think that it is easy to use. Libby has discovered her hands and thinks that they are amazing.
Today I went to church and made it through the whole service for the first time. I listened intently to the entire message...in my sleep. Here is a picture of me reflecting on the what I learned, or just showing off my pretty dress.
Mommy and I are trying to stay happy even though we miss you so much.
Mommy is putting on a brave, but drowsy face in this picture. I can no longer pretend that it's not hard to be without you.
And here you can see that the separation from our Love has become unbearable and we just can't hide our true feelings anymore.
Both sad.Please come back soon.
xoxo, Liberty Rose Jones
Thursday, November 6, 2008
"We go each year to unwind, to decompress-
To smell the cold, to jar the last rays of sun.
To let go of clocks, to go over footsteps.
To wake to creaking trees,
to fall asleep to wind.
To make sense of migrant birds and slumbering soil.
To grasp it all before the others arrive."
~The Anthropologie Catalog
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
1 . Where did you meet? In Mississippi
2. How long did you date? 3 years
3. How long have you been married? 3 years
4. What does he say that surprises you? I am surprised every Thursday night when he reminds me that it's Friday tomorrow
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His face..it is perfect to me
6. What is your favorite quality of his? He is the kindest and most sincere person I know
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Not really, but sometimes he calls me "Petal" or "Rosebud" b/c he knows that it makes me mad
8. What is his favorite color? I'd say blue
9. What is his favorite food? I would have to say lasagna
10. What is his favorite sport? football or soccer as we like to call it
11. When and where did you first kiss? In a courtyard in New Orleans
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? walk in the woods or at the park or our new thing hanging out with Libby
13. Do you have any children? Libby Rose and Gus and Trouble
14. Does he have a hidden talent? He is good at everything he sets out to do
15. How old is he? 31
16. Who said, “I love you” first? Um,,,. I don't remember, I think we said it at the same time
17. What is his favorite type of music? He likes all music. He's very diverse
18. What do you most admire about him? The way he treats other people and the way he left everything he was used to, to marry me.
19. Do you think he will read this? probably not, I have to read him my blogs
I'm tagging Erin, Jenn S. and Teri